Thursday, March 22, 2012

I've just about made it through my first term as speech pathologist in the education system! Whew. One more day at a school tomorrow, and then next week I have statewide induction Mon- Wed (excited to catch up with my fellow GEMS who ended up working for EQ - it'll be like a little reunion, with people coming from as far as Emerald, QLD to attend), an all day regional meeting on Thurs, and then just to tie things up nicely a base day on Friday. My student visa officially expired on the 15th of March so I'm now on a bridging visa and things appear to be running smoothly...I still need to send Jeremy and my fingerprints to the RCMP so they can make sure we're not rampant criminals and send a report back to Australia stating as much. I've had my contract extended to the end of June, so that's pretty much where things are sitting right now.

Which means...I can look forward to THREE beach weekends in a row! This Saturday we're heading to the Gold Coast for a friend's housewarming. We were already planning on going - my friend Jules invited us to stay at a holiday apartment with her family (Jules, Bruce, baby Billy T). Bruce works for some sort of military thing and they get awesome discounts on things like that so they're going for the weekend and we're taking advantage of it! Also just so happens that my physio friend Lynn is having her housewarming, so we'll pop in and say hi. The following weekend, DAMIAN will be back in Australia for a very brief period of time. Damo is the Aussie who spent a few weeks in Canada over Christmas 2009 with Jeremy and fell in love with the place...so much so that he moved there in April 2010 and hasn't even visited once since then! He's bringing his girlfriend here to check out some sights, so we're holidaying in Noosa that weekend with them and some of his other friends. Finally, the next weekend is EASTER! Jeremy is working at the Gabba Thursday night, then on Friday morning we're braving the Bruce Highway to drive up to Hervey Bay and visit LISA!! Her roommate will be back in Brisbane with her family, so she has an empty apartment at "Whalecove Resort" - sounds fancy, eh? Hahaha. We are going to make a feast from the pages of CANADIAN LIVING magazine (Thank you, Kathy and Ross!) and just have a laidback Easter in Hervey Bay...potentially might head over to Fraser Island...we'll see how things go!

Hmmm..what else? Oh yes, more family is on the way - they're probably still en route! However, they're not here to see me - they're here for work and will be settling in Melbourne! (so jealous...loooooove Melbourne). My cousin Daniel and his fiancee Corina boarded a plane on Wednesday (Canadian Wednesday) and are making their way to this side of the ditch. I know they're planning on travelling through Qld for a couple of weeks before the next school term starts (they're teachers and have jobs in Melbs) so I may have a chance to see them - although with all these April plans, they might have to come find me in Noosa or Hervey Bay!!

Anyhow, that's it for now. I'm hoping to go pick up Jeremy in half an hour or so...he's just about finished his first week of Obstetrics and Gynecology rotation! Today/this evening he was doing PAOU - pregnancy assessment and observation unit...or something like that?! He needs to get signed off on some stuff and then I'll be getting a call to go meet him at the Mater Hospital. He seems to be doing fine with it - I'm sure some stories will be coming out of this one! Our friend Sean just finished O & G and his fiancee is pregnant...if I were her, I would really want to avoid hearing all of those stories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment