Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Still alive!

It's been two weeks since Jeremy has left.  I miss him, but hopefully the time goes quickly.  One of my friends just sent her husband off to Afghanistan for 18 months - and she has three kids - so what's a tiny 8 weeks compared to that?

I've settled into a good routine with the housemates.  I go to work, hit the gym, come home and we have dinner together (usually different things, but tonight Jason made me steak and veggies!  The BBQ is definitely being used!!) and then watch a few shows.  They came to trivia with me last week, and will probably go again tomorrow.  Scary thing though - Jason heard something outside the house last night and thinks someone was trying to break into the car....AGH.  That is pretty anxiety inducing.  Apparently he went outside and someone ran away, so with any luck he scared them away for good, but jeez.  I *think* we're covered for fire, theft, etc in our insurance and the car is parked right in the driveway and not in the street, so if anything happened hopefully I would at least get a bit of money!!  But fingers crossed that nothing actually DOES happen!

So it's baby countdown time for Sean and Loulou.  I think she's a week from her due date.  Jeremy and I have entered their betting pool - guessing the date, gender, and weight of the baby.  I went for Aug 8th, girl, and 8 pounds 2 oz.  They are supposed to come to trivia tomorrow so we'll see if they make it!!

Work continues to go pretty well.  I think that the schools I go to like me - they seem to, anyway!  I don't dread seeing any of the kids on my caseload and am trying to get some of the parents to come to sessions too - parental involvement is always a plus!!

Sounds like thing are going well for Jeremy in Canadia and he'll soon be heading to Athens for six weeks of a slightly more rural experience (although definitely not rural compared to the Queensland outback!!).  We've been missing getting in touch the last couple of days, which is irritating and sad!!  I'm trying to sort out visa things and the people have contacted me asking for 8 million more documents, YAY, and he has some of them.  Ah well, everything should be sorted out soon enough.  I hope.  Don't want to be deported!! 

Alright, it's time for me to curl up in bed with a book and then get a good sleep before my day of work tomorrow.  Goodnight!!

1 comment: