Thursday, September 20, 2012

Crime!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/man-shot-chasing-robber-from-shop-near-carole-park-southwest-of-brisbane/story-fndo45r1-1226477474735

So I was driving home from work yesterday and saw four cop cars coming from all directions and turn down a nearby road.  I was irritated, because one of them turned on their lights right as I was about to drive through an intersection and I had to stop suddenly, which gave me a fright.  I wondered what all the commotion was about, but forgot about it until this morning when I head on the news that someone had been shot during a robbery just down the road from my base school.  Pretty crazy stuff!!  Considering my base school was broken into twice in one weekend recently, I'm a little apprehensive about being there (almost) alone next week during the school holidays.  The cleaners will be there and so will another speechie, but we're kind of out in the middle of nowhere.  I'm sure it will be fine, just...yikes!

We had an end of term afternoon tea today at Katrina's house - she's another speechie who works with me at the base.  There are 4 of us in total - one other full timer (Sarah), and then two part-timers (Katrina and Di) and myself.  Di wasn't able to come, but it was nice to get together with Sarah and Katrina in a casual setting.  Katrina's 2 year old daughter was there and she is pretty hilarious.  She's a total chatterbox (daughter of a speech pathologist, not so surprising) and very friendly!  The whole time it was "Anna draw star?  Sit on Anna's lap?  Sarah paint?  Sarah make cubbyhouse?"  Tomorrow is the last day of term 3.  Made it through SLI term with flying colours (I think?!  Hope so) and into the home stretch.  Soon I will no longer be a "new grad" but instead, a "recent graduate".  Woohoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment