Monday, September 10, 2012

Hervey Bay and 100 more things!

This weekend was non-stop busy and non-stop fun!  After a really interesting professional development seminar run by a speechie who is also an infant mental health specialist, I got in my car for the 4 hour trip to Hervey Bay!  The plan: awesome times with Lisa and Kim, whale watching adventure, and Partini!  I arrived to Thai food dinner waiting for me.  It was an early night, since we had to be up in the morning for our boat trip out to see the whales...and conveniently, Lisa and Kim happen to live RIGHT on the marina.  I am completely serious - we had a two minute walk to our whale watching boat.  this is the view from their patio:

We were on a catamaran which had these cool "trampoline' things that you could sit on and see the water rushing by underneath you.  A group of Lisa's friends joined us as well - Megan and Kirsty (occupational therapists) and Mel (does admin at Lisa's work). We spent most of our time out on the trampoline things (I got a slight sunburn on my scalp...forgot a hat...oops!
It took about 3 hours to get out to where the whales were, and then by the time we got there, the water had gotten rough and the captain said we had to turn around because conditions weren't good and it would take a long time to get back.  He also said the whales tend to stay below the surface when it's rough.  We were a bit disappointed, but this is how these things go sometimes!  What happened next: an old man throwing up his lunch, a lot of grossed out people, and then - WHALES!  On our way back, it calmed down and three humpback whales came to check out the boat.  It was really cool :)  We also saw a couple of big sea turtles and a dolphin.  for most of the way back, I snoozed on the front of the boat...ah, a life of luxury.

100 things - part 3

Picnics!  And doesn't this look like the ideal one??  I love a picnic on a sunny day.  Jeremy and I ride our bikes out to a nice grassy spot and spend the afternoon lounging and eating delicious picnic food.  I even talked about picnics in our wedding vows!

Being a speech pathologist.  A lot of things had to fall into place for this to happen and I am so lucky that it did!  Sometimes I might seem less than enthusiastic about my job, but it really is pretty cool and it does make me happy.

Chocolate peanut butter ice cream.  Or anything that combines chocolate and peanut butter, really.

Random acts of kindness.  When people (strangers or otherwise) surprise you by doing something unexpected and nice, it just makes you feel better about the world.

Bad (but awesomely amazing) reality tv shows!!!  Jeremy can vouch for this.  I am fairly picky about my trashy reality tv, and the ones I watch...I LOVE. 

Lip gloss.  This may be more of an addiction/necessity...but it DOES make me happy!

My car.  A good old 1997 Subaru Outback.  Now we can go on weekend trips and just zip over to see friends!  I also have to use it every day for work and have become very attached :)

Camping.  Especially at a location like this - absolutely gorgeous.  I actually quite like roughing it!

Foot rubs.  Seriously.  So good.

Jeremy - had to figure he'd be in there somewhere, right?

(I guess I should take this time to mention that these are in no particular order)









No comments:

Post a Comment