This time tomorrow, Jeremy will have completed the long Ottawa to Brisbane flight haul and will be back in good ol' Fairfield. I really can't believe it's been 9 whole weeks!
Markets - I love the randomness of markets. Market purchases include a head scratcher, button earrings, and an emu apron. I can also persuade Jeremy to join me by highlighting the food factor - markets usually have a ton of yummy meat things and dumplings and bagels...I LOVE MARKETS!
Chihuahuas - I DON'T care if it's not cool to like chihuahuas. THEY ARE FANTASTIC! Cheeky (top pic) and Kiki (thrilled to be in his santa suit) are my very favourites. Such cuties. One day I will convince Jeremy to get a chihuahua. OR...I will just "surprise" him with one. Heh.
Family - thanks to Skype, keeping in touch is a breeze. It's always great to visit home, see family, and enjoy familiar surroundings.
Live music - I actually prefer the smaller, more intimate shows. I spent much of high school going to see bands in little venues, getting super excited about seeing my favourites, and jumping around eagerly screaming my head off when the band I was there to see came on. I also love seeing friend's bands...it really does put me in a happy mood.
Strange novelty items (e.g. flashing wine glasses, tea strainers that look like submarines, etc). I don't really think I need to say anything more. Clearly they are just cool.
Daily deal websites. Haircuts, dinners, hotels, BASICALLY ANYTHING YOU COULD EVER WANT. For a deal.
Photos - Digital cameras are wonderful. I like taking pictures. I like that you can even take pictures underwater! The next camera I buy will have this feature. But really, just having memories preserved in photo form is something that makes me very happy.
Cider - Cider is delicious. I love that the cider market in Brisbane has EXPLODED since we've been here and now there are a ton of varieties available. Old Mout boysencider is a NZ cider that is yummmmmmmmmmmmy!
October birthdays - October is a great month for a birthday. I always feel a kinship and connection with other October birthday-ites, particularly if they are in the first week :)
Beanbag chairs - they're comfy, inexpensive, and you can throw them anywhere.
** Max (gets an honourable mention even though I've ALREADY mentioned cats...but I didn't put a picture of him in. So here he is!)
In other news, I've been to see the movie "Kath and Kimderella". We actually had the whole theatre to ourselves, which was pretty funny. Jess and I did our best to dress up as the main characters and get in the spirit of things. I seriously loved the show - Jeremy and I watched all of the seasons, and then Ronan and I watched them all again when he was visiting. I think it appeals to a certain kind of person - and I just adore it! The movie has gotten terrible reviews, but I say...if you liked the show, you'll appreciate the movie :)















YAY MAX!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Thai too!
Love ya lots always, Mum