Thursday, January 17, 2013

SCORCHER

That's right - it is 42 degrees!  I am enjoying this crazy hot day from the comfort of my air conditioned living room.  I did venture out a little while ago, to the equally air conditioned gym, and outside feels like a heater on full blast just blowing right at you.  When I was done in the gym, I got back in the car and since there were no covered parking spaces, it was an inferno!  I was burning my hands on the steering wheel as I tried to manoeuvre my way out of the 'car park'.  My plan for today was to go into the city and explore, but I think I can safely put that off until tomorrow when it will be a much more reasonable 26 degrees. 

Jeremy is in full swing of being an intern and seems to be enjoying his psych rotation.  I met some of his fellow interns Friday night and also last night at different events.  They were really friendly and fun, so I'm happy about that.  Also, the other intern starting on psych (Lara) invited us over last Sunday for lunch with her and her boyfriend.  They made a delicious roast and everything was really fancy...they have a beautiful place.  Her boyfriend Sam's dad is in a famous Australian band called "The Angels":

The Angels are an innovative Australian rock band that formed in Adelaide, Australia in 1974. The band later relocated from Adelaide to Sydney and enjoyed huge local success, clocking up hit singles across four decades, including No Secrets, Marseilles, Long Line, Mr Damage, Let The Night Roll On and Waiting For The Sun.  The Angels have been cited by bands like Guns N' Roses, and a number of Seattle grunge bands, including Pearl Jam and Nirvana, as having influenced their music.

They are touring this year, but their bassist is ill so Sam will be taking his place!  

The job hunt continues and I am trying not to feel too discouraged. 

Hm...what else?  Oh yeah, we drove halfway across Australia to get here, so that was pretty wild.  Jeremy planned out a route to try to avoid traffic and did a pretty decent job.  I was a bit edgy in the car the third day, but otherwise the trip went really well.  It was unreal to be driving across the desert in 44 degree heat - luckily the a/c in the car works quite well!

About ready to leave Fairfield, after Jeremy's excellent packing job.  (There was slightly reduced rear visibility)  Our car was a CHAMPION on this trip.

Jeremy was obsessed with taking pictures of the barren desert, as far as the eye could see...forever!

2 comments:

  1. We're in a deep freeze here! -38 with the windchill factor! I think I want to move! Miss you! Love you! Let us know when you have Skype! Love Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get discouraged Love! Something WILL come up. You are exactly where you need to be right now! Enjoy the time you have. Love, Mum

    ReplyDelete