1. Jeremy has started his second rotation, rural GP in Kadina (small town on the Copper Coast approximately two hours from Adelaide). He had his first official day today, so I'm sure I'll hear about it when we talk tonight. He went and saw the practice on Friday and got a bit of orientation, but returned to Adelaide for the weekend. He says the house that he's provided with is really nice, and I'm looking forward to seeing it! I have volunteering this Friday evening though, so I might head down the following weekend to see his new surroundings! I think we will generally see each other on weekends, and I'm trying to survive my weeknights alone. I don't think I will get any housemates because Adelaide isn't really a place many backpackers come, and they are the ideal people to fill in temporary vacancies. I have a whole bunch of silly girl movies that Jeremy would never consent to watching, and plan on filling my nights with those. I will also keep myself occupied with work, ice skating, gym and bike riding...any other ideas?? I feel like I need a new hobby!
2. My job is much the same - not many hours, but I'm really liking it and still trying to find something to fill up my extra time. I guess I should feel quite lucky, since I know there are still several speech pathologists in Adelaide who have NOTHING. I do quite enjoy the fact that I can make the same amount of money in 3 hours as I did in a full day at Ed Qld! Now I really just need MORE work.
3. Last week was a time for trying to be brave. Thursday evening, there was a "loose moose" event put on by the Canadian Society of South Australia. Every month they have dinner get togethers, and I attended one for the first time on Thursday. Jeremy and I got our wires crossed a bit...I wasn't sure if he was going to make it, but he showed up about 45 minutes after I got there. We went to a restaurant that served poutine! Probably the only place in SA to do so. There were really lovely people of all ages and it was good to meet and chat with everyone. Friday night, I went by myself to this event called "Bogan Bingo". It was for charity, and a group on the internet arranged for a few people to go together and I decided to join them. Ended up being only myself and two other people in the group, both of whom were a fair bit older than me. Slightly awkward, but I was proud of myself for trying something new by myself. There were quite a few people at the event itself and I think they probably raised a decent amount of money.
4. I miss my friends. It's hard to get to a comfortable stage where you can really be yourself and I haven't really met anyone here yet who fits in that category. I have so many awesome friends in QLD and I just wish it wasn't quite so far.
Welcome to my world!
ReplyDeleteReading
Aunt Micheline!!!! LOL
I realized that I forgot to put down reading, but that is definitely on the list!!! I just discovered a new author - Diane Chamberlain - and I'm hoping to get my hands on more of her books! I can't believe the baby hasn't come yet...my guess was waaaaaaay off :P
ReplyDelete