I've been up for awhile already on a non-work day...I think I'm getting back into the swing of things. It was really difficult for me to not have a job. I wanted to feel like I was contributing, and I didn't want my knowledge to slowly slip away. The job I have now isn't full time, but I'm out of the house and working at least 3 days a week, and getting paid doesn't hurt either! I also really like what I'm doing! Some people may remember I wasn't super happy with my education job at first. I ended up liking it, but it was never what I truly wanted to do. My colleague is going to be taking two weeks off later in April so that she can spend the school holidays with her family, so I'll be taking over all of her adult clients. I'm looking forward to it.
We had an excellent Easter long weekend with our wonderful friends in Brisbane. Jules, Bruce and Billy T were kind enough to put us up in their lovely house for the weekend. Our room had a pool view, and they even threw a BBQ on the day we arrived. Such fantastic people and I'm so glad I met them. It's amazing how much a toddler can change in three months - so much talking, full sentences, asking questions, making comments/observations, and you can see the wheels turning...our new favourite game was for Billy to say to me "Hello my friend!" and then I would say "Hello my friend!" and smile...and then he would say "No!" and I would be sad and pretend to cry...and then he would say "Yes!" and I would smile and be happy and say "YAY!" Repeat x 100.
We caught up with as many people as we could. Alastair and Hannah are super fantastic and picked us up from the airport and we got to spend a good bit of time with them over the weekend - BBQ and delicious curry night and drinks and hilarity! Sean, Louise and Tomas came and visited at Jules and Bruce's - we had tons of fun in the pool and Tomas was having a blast kicking his legs and splashing around in the water. Even though Jen was working all weekend, we managed to catch up with her and Chris for a yummy breakfast at a cute little cafe called The Green Door. I met up with Kayleigh for some shopping and a late lunch. We both found things to buy, lots of stuff to talk about, and gobbled up delicious dumplings at Harajuku Gyoza. Our final day was a bit more relaxing...we lazed around the house in the morning and then Kim came over and we headed to South Bank with Billy T and his parents. SUSHI SUSHI SUSHI! We went back to the house and I had a really nice time hanging out with Kim. For our last meal in Brisbane, we took our hosts out for a meal at The Pineapple Hotel. Billy was so well behaved! There was a kid's area so Jules and I went in there with him and he served us ice cream. Then I went with him up the structure (it was dark inside and he was a little wary) probably getting covered in kid pee and doing a number on my poor knees! After that, he was raring to go so my knees got a break. After dinner, Kayleigh and Jason found us at The Pineapple for a quick drink and then we had to be off as our flight was at 6:20 am the next morning...eeek!
There you have it - a play by play of the weekend that I'm sure no one needed!! Hope everyone else had an excellent Easter as well :)
No comments:
Post a Comment