This weekend, I became acquainted with the Copper Coast, which is where Jeremy will be spending most of his time until June 5th. After my volunteer shift Friday evening, I zipped up to Wallaroo in my adorable car...oh yes, by the way, we had to do this:
There wasn't really any way around it - Jeremy needed a car for his rotation, and I need a car to get around to the several places I visit for my job, but we managed to snag a bargain. Still deciding if this will be a permanent thing or if we'll get rid of it later this year. I don't know...I'm getting pretty attached.
Anyhow - back to the Copper Coast. I was pretty impressed with the house Jeremy has been provided with for the next couple of months. Lots of room, and a really nice kitchen! We decided to spend the weekend attempting to be tourists (side note: we had to try REALLY hard, there's not a whole lot to do!)
We saw some ruins of past mining ventures, took a 50 minute tourist train around an old mine site in Moonta, walked down the beach and checked out some cafes that the locals had recommended to Jeremy. Oh, I can't forget that I had the best gelato I've ever tasted (white chocolate cherry) in Moonta, and we also ran in to one of the doctors at Jeremy's clinic who was out for breakfast with her family. It was a really pleasant and relaxing weekend, but I think in the future when I visit we probably won't spend much time in Wallaroo/Kadina. There's a weekend in May where the Copper Coast plays host to the biggest Cornish Festival in the world, which I'm strangely excited about, so I'll make sure to be there for that. I'm excited to explore Innes National Park, which is a couple of hours further. We also plan to take the Wallaroo to Lucky Bay ferry across the Spencer Gulf to have a look at what the Eyre Peninsula has to offer. I think with all the plans we have, the time that he's away will actually fly by!

No comments:
Post a Comment