Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I have been neglecting my blog lately, and it's time to remedy that!

Here's what has been going on:

  • Some friends that I made last year in Brisbane (Kayleigh and Jason) came to stay for a week and a half.  They lived with me for a couple of months last year while Jeremy was away and I must say they were fantastic housemates.  I loved having them here - we had multiple trips to multiple beaches, they cooked me lots of yummy food, we relaxed and watched movies and read books, and had a lovely day to drive around the Adelaide Hills.  I miss them already, but they are off to start the next chapter...I'm hoping Kayleigh continues her blog so I can keep up!
  • I just attended my first hockey 'class'.  Yeah so it was a bit embarrassing.  My skating is absolutely terrible!  I mean, I can do the front skating thing fine.  But I can only stop on one side, my backwards skating is pretty shit, and backwards going around in circles??  HELL NO!  I am the worst skater there :(  So...lots of practice is necessary!  My stick handling and passing are not completely horrible, so that's good.  I did have a couple of fairly humiliating wipe outs though.  Luckily no one was really talking so they couldn't hear my accent!!
  • Jen and Chris are coming for a visit this weekend - YAY!  It's going to be a short and sweet visit, but we're going to try and cram lots of fun stuff in.  I will be the chauffeur on a jaunt along the wine and cheese trail in McLaren Vale, we'll probably have some dumplings at some point, and hopefully a hike in Waterfall Gully!!  
I would like to post pictures of the last couple of weeks, but things are not cooperating...so I'm being lazy and finishing up now.  A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment