Monday, May 20, 2013

Busy busy busy!

Well, life just keeps happening and it's pretty incredible to think that it's almost June!  Where has the time gone?

Since getting my skates sharpened, I have really been enjoying hockey much more!  I find myself looking forward to Tuesdays rather than dreading it.  Claire and I also had a good skating practise session yesterday during the public skating time, although the coloured flashing lights and zillions of kids/parents can be a bit distracting!  I'm getting more confident with my crossovers and I feel like I make small improvements every time, which is the most I can ask for!

Work continues to be interesting and keep me on my toes.  I've had the pleasure of working with some lovely patients and I'm enjoying it so much!  There's always something new to learn :)

This weekend, Jeremy came to Adelaide to keep me company.  Friday night was very quiet, we just caught up on some TV shows and stayed in the nice warmth of our living room.  Saturday, we drove to West Beach with our bikes, and then biked along the ocean from West Beach to Glenelg and back.  It's always nice to be active and out and about on the weekend.  I had a girl's night planned for Saturday - the intention was to go see a play called 'Muff' (don't ask) but due to some directional difficulties and the need to eat dinner, we ended up being about 10 minutes late and were unable to get into the theatre.  Whoops.  Instead, we went to a fancy dessert/coffee bar and in my mind, the peanut butter/chocolate waffles made up for missing the play!  Sunday evening Jeremy and I attended a friend's 'Eurovision' party.  This was the first time I actually paid attention to Eurovision and it was pretty entertaining.  We met some nice people and experienced something new, so definitely a worthy outing.  He had to wake up super early this morning to drive back to Kadina for work!  Only a couple more weeks until he'll be back here full time, which will be nice.  I have clearly become more of an adult over the last little while, since I was able to stay all by myself while he's been gone! 

There's my update.  The week is looking good for work, and this weekend I'm looking forward to attending the largest Cornish festival in the world (apart from Cornwall).  A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment