Thursday, May 2, 2013

Adelaide in April

 One of the places I took the opportunity to have a look at with Kayleigh and Jason was the 'port' area of Port Adelaide. It wasn't very exciting...but...look, a lighthouse!
 One of our many beach outings...so relaxing!
 This guy was hanging out waiting for the people fishing off the pier to throw him fish.  He was pretty successful!

 I decided that on a public holiday, we should take a drive to a place called Aldinga Beach...no reason in particular, just something different. 
 Sunset at Hallett's Cove.
 K & J at their favourite Adelaide coffee shop in Glenelg. 
 I seriously drank so much coffee while they were here.  My coffee intake was only exceeded by my tea intake!  In fact, this picture of a book and a coffee sums up a lot of our time together.  Add in a beach, and there you have it.
 The Prancing Pony Brewery!  We made fun of the name, but the boys really enjoyed the beer tasting and the man who served us was really lovely.  So - if you're ever in the Adelaide Hills and you enjoy beer, make sure to stop off, have a tasting, and pick some up for home!
 Fireplace at a winery.  There was a sign that said something like 'Come in and meet Maggie, our resident ghost!'  I told Jeremy we were going into this winery to see the ghost, and when we got inside he said "Where's the goat??"  Bahahaha.  Funny?  Maybe only to me.
 Beautiful autumn leaves at one of the cellar doors we visited.  Jeremy was so excited about the leaves changing colours.
 This one speaks for itself.
 Our last stop before heading back into the city - rolling hills, grape vines, chooks, and Kayleigh! 
 We spotted a koala in a tree at the side of the road.  Can anyone else see it? 
Up at the top of Mt Lofty - it was a tad windy!

So now I'm sitting on the couch, catching up on episodes of 'Awkward', drinking tea that I bought at a trip to the Central Markets with Kayleigh and wishing their visit had lasted just a little longer!  But, with their departure comes another arrival - Jen and Chris are coming for the weekend and I'm sure it will be filled with fun :)  I can't believe Jeremy only has about a month left of his rural rotation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment