Monday, January 6, 2014

TURKEY X 3

I'm back following a holiday break!  (And by holiday break, I mean break from blogging - I didn't get much of an actual break over Christmas and New Year's!!)

Where do I start?  Well, let's see...

We picked up Lisa at the airport on Dec 22nd and the whirlwind begins!  Although, I suppose with the allied health Christmas party on the 20th and dinner at Grace's on the 21st, it had actually already started.  Straight from the airport, we headed to Andy's place for turkey dinner #1:

Here is a festive bunch: Jeremy, Jane, Andy, Lisa and Soph.  Andy made a delectable turkey, mashed potatoes, and some sort of parmesan brussel sprouts (which were actually quite tasty!!)  To top it off, he had pecan pie and pumpkin pie for dessert.  I may have forgotten to mention that this crowd is 100% Canadian. 

Christmas Eve, we were invited to the lovely Claire's house for a Christmas potluck - she would provide the turkey and dessert, and we bring whatever we want.  Luckily I had secret weapon Lisa, because I had a very busy day at work.  While I worked, she made a very yummy salad (with candied walnuts and peaches) and prosciutto wrapped carrots for us to bring.

Here is the lovely Claire with la piece de resistance!  It was her first ever homemade turkey and it was sensational.  All the side dishes were also quite enjoyable, and she outdid herself with a meringue, cream and white chocolate tower/tree.  I should also add that all of the cutlery and settings matched her awesome red and white polka dot dress.  Love it!

I don't have a picture of Christmas dinner #3, but it was at MJ's parent's house.  Jeremy and many of the other docs were working until 9, so Lisa and I headed over early to partake in the Christmas meal.  Again, so much deliciousness, including some really tasty roast pork and SIX desserts...I had to refuse a few, it was just too much!  Her dad really likes to make desserts :)

So the Christmas season here was definitely filled with lots of togetherness and LOTS OF TURKEY!

Stay tuned for the excitement in later posts when I fill you in on Lisa and my road trip to Coober Pedy!

No comments:

Post a Comment