Final grade for stats class? A+. Now I really promise I won't talk about it anymore! It has, however, been part of my life in Australia since we moved here so I feel that it is relevant. Not to mention, for a few of the days Tracee was here I was chained to my stats textbook and could barely socialize, so I am actually quite proud that my work paid off!
I had such a fantastic weekend! I was a little bummed about Tracee being gone, but I decided to be proactive. Our super fantastic neighbours (T can vouch for their awesomeness) were sent away by their kids on Saturday so that they (the kids and their friends) could complete a huge landscaping project on the front yard in preparation for Annette's Supporters Party on May 9th (she's done her cancer treatments!! Yay!!) Anyhow, Saturday was a gorgeous day and Jeremy wouldn't even be torn away from his med school stuff to go on a "study walk" (we walk, I quiz him with flashcards). I was feeling really shy/intimidated to saunter over to a yard full of about 15 20-something Aussie boys 'n girls, but I decided to go for it and it was a lot of fun! I got really dirty and scratched hauling pieces of turf from a big pile and laying them in the yard, shoveling dirt into wheelbarrows, and planting flowers. Annette and Mike loved it! Then I had to wash the soil off and venture by myself to the other side of town for Felipe's poker party. We met Felipe in January - he had come with his girlfriend Yvonne, who is in Jeremy's class. She broke up with him shortly after (and they're still living together, eeeep!) but we've remained friends with Felipe. Jeremy was being good and continuing to study, so I managed to make it to Felipe's alive by myself and had lots of fun! (But lost $5 - oh well...)
Sunday was St George's Day and we headed to the city to meet Gav, Kristen and Pia for some Morris Dancing, dragon-slaying, blood pudding eating festivities. I TRIED BLOOD PUDDING. Gaaaaah!! I have to say, it didn't taste too bad...kinda like sausages...but just the thought almost had me gagging as I tried to swallow it! We ended up taking the ferry across the river to meet up with Sean (favourite Aussie friend, see St Patrick's Day pics!) and some of his friends. I met some really cool girls, yay!! We went to Sean's new apartment (he used to live in Strathpine (FAR AWAY) with his parents and just moved close to us (and the $10 steak) last week!!
Even with all that fun though, on Monday I found myself missing Zaphod's and all the old familiarity of Ottawa.
Ta!
Who's Todd? hehehe
ReplyDelete