Thursday, April 30, 2009
So it seems that working at SpeechNet has finally (well, it's only been three months - but at the same time, holy moly, it's been three months!!) paid off, kinda. I'm getting my own client to do therapy with! It's only a couple of hours each week, but the pay is double what I'm making now and well...it's a client. He's been seeing Amy for therapy for awhile and she suggested to Sandra that I could possibly take over if everyone was in agreement. So it seems that everyone is and starting next week I will be doing real therapy. It is a bit scary since my last placement was March/April 2009 and I haven't had any practice since then but I observed a session today and I think I'll be fine! Australia doesn't have Communicative Disorders Assistants. They have something called a "Therapy Aide" but apparently those are more widely used in Occupational Therapy and Physio. If I get into school here I wonder if I can do a thesis on the use of CDAs! Probably not...but it's so useful...with all the crazy waiting lists for speech pathologists, CDAs can help people be seen faster and get the therapy they need!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
awesome that you are doing some therapy!! and is CDAs do catch on you know who'll be coming to find a job (hint: me)
ReplyDeleteI think we should singlehandedly start the CDAs in Australia movement!
ReplyDelete