Well, here I am back in Brisbane. Home sweet home. It really is home now...you know when you go away for awhile and it feels so good just to walk in the door? Yep, that's the feeling. I almost didn't make it! If my second train hadn't been timed to perfection, the airline might not have let me on to my flight and then there would have been tears and gnashing of teeth. I made it though and that's what matters!
I had a great Easter. Sunday we spent the day laying and playing on the beach. The water was cool, but I like that! Jeremy (kinda) surfed and Tracee worked on her burn. After a day at the beach we had the most amazing Indian Easter dinner you could possibly imagine, then went right back to the beach. It was just lovely. At the same time, it did feel strange not to be doing the regular mad dash from Ottawa to Russell to Brockville then back to Ottawa and gorging ourselves on all sorts of feasts and having the family time that is usually associated with Easter. I feel lucky that I was with two people that I consider part of my family anyway (I married Jeremy so I suppose that does count and Tracee is the sister I never had!)
As for the non-Easter parts of the Sydney trip - I think I may leave that post for another day. We did a lot, met some wonderful people and I think we were lucky all around with hosts/weather/locations/attractions/meals...I think pictures would do the Sydney post more justice but the camera is still IN Sydney with J & T, so the two people who still may possily read this can wait with bated breath until I get it back and write a *true* Sydney post.
Tracee has not had an accurate picture of the weather in Brisbane. Brisbane has already received double the average rainfall for April and it's not even HALFway through the month!
After tomorrow, I promise no more talking about stats :)
No comments:
Post a Comment