Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It's sad that something you looked forward to so much ends so quickly! Tracee was up bright and early this morning (maybe even before the birds?!?) and on her way to the airport. We had such a great time. On the way home today I checked out a bunch of books from the library because what with not having a houseguest anymore, being done with statistics, and Jeremy's exam coming up in June I think life will be much quieter for awhile.

While Tracee was here she:

-became acquainted with the Brisbane train system
- became addicted to "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"
-shopped in Stones Corners
-shopped in the CBD (City)
-walked up the hill of doom
-went to the Muddy Farmer
-fell asleep at her own lasagna party
-got to see the reef (I want to go so badly!)
-ate as much traditional/un-traditional Aussie food as we could feed her (rissoles, meat pie, kangaroo, gross pink sausages, Lamington's)
-went out in Fortitude Valley
-got to hang out in Sydney for awhile
-met Karen and Tristan
-had Indian and Vietnamese food for the first time
-yum-cha!
-koala cuddled
-camped in paradise aka Stradbroke Island

So many more things than that, even!!! I also got to do all of those things, except for the reef. It was fantastic to do some tourist stuff, finally and to experience it with my best friend! Yay. Now I have to pay for it, as I took a week off and to make up for it I'll be working double my usual hours next week (which really isn't so bad, it's nice that we can compromise and I still make the usual amount of $$ even with having a week off!)

Jeremy was sick, sadly, for pretty much his whole week of holidays. Don't you love that? Finally you have a second to relax and have fun and your body lets down its guard and then you feel yucky for your whole time of relaxation. It seems quite unfair, especially since from now till June it will be non-stop schoolwork and studying. I'll have to find a few more hobbies to occupy my time...

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME TIME, just went through the pics with the boys and gave them the play by play (for when I had camera batteries anyways!)

    Glad I made it home safely, too bad my luggage didn't....again. They called though and it's coming in the morning, it just got delayed...again.

    ReplyDelete