Aaaaaaaaaand quick summary of the rest of Melbourne: it was amazing, Crystal and I went to "Witches in Britches", we had another night with Adrian, I found a really great karaoke place, went to Phillip island and saw the little penguins (smallest penguins in the world) as well as a koala conservation park and Churchill Island, made it home safe and sound.
Now the Canadian speechie friends have come back from their trips home and with their arrival comes a fair bit of drama and the new semester. Dread dread dread. So I've been thinking...I moved to the other side of the world, which is a pretty big deal. However, I came here with Jeremy (who I happen to be married to) so it's kind of like a piece of home is always here with me. These Canadian girls pretty much came straight out of their undergrads across the ocean and into this program. They didn't know anyone at all. Some of them ended long-term relationships before moving because they couldn't imagine two years apart...others had never lived anywhere other than at home with their parents...they left friends, family and familiarity. I have the security of knowing that if I don't feel like doing something on a Friday night, I have someone to not do it with and so being in a new country never really felt that bad to me. It's really evident, seeing my friends for the first time since they've been away, that they really miss Canada. Some may feel like it was a mistake to come here. One actually quite the program because she missed home so much. What am I trying to say? I'm not really sure...I guess I'm happy to be here with Jeremy ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment