Friday - Not feeling quite at our best, we dragged all our stuff down to the bar/check-out/in area and exchanged our smaller room for a bigger one. Jeremy would be arriving later that evening! We decided that our goal for the day was to get tickets for Dracula's, to find the dfo (direct factory outlet), and otherwise just wander around aimlessly and go wherever we wanted! it was on this day that we found two of the BEST things ever. One was a store. I can't go into it at the moment because I will ruin the surprise for Tracee, but it is the BEST STORE IN THE WORLD!!!!! We could have spent hours there. We did spend quite awhile...Then we stumbled upon another magical place...a place where we all of a sudden turned Japanese and were like two giggling school girls...a place where we got THIS!

We had SO MUCH fun. We may have gotten a few more than these...um, yes.
After this excitement, we had brunch at The Pancake Parlour which featured (for an extra $5) REAL MAPLE SYRUP from the "North American Canadian Region". Um...what? Needless to say, we skipped the real maple syrup...quite a large region, I'd have to say!
We were so exhausted but we managed to find the dfo (it was a fair trek from where we had started) and Crystal perked up when we went to the first store, which was a purse/handbag/wallet/accessory store. I won't tell you how many things she bought but let's just say...that store will never go out of business! We lingered a little longer than we should have in the dfo and then had to rush back to get ready to meet ADRIAN!
Adrian has been featured in this blog before. He is the friend from melbourne who we randomly met while we were in Sydney with Tracee. Since then, I've met up with him in Melbourne and he also flew out to Brisbane and spent a long weekend with us! We went to the amazing $12 all you can eat dumpling place - I don't know if I'll ever be able to eat dumplings again. Highly doubtful. We had a couple of hours to kill before Jeremy arrived, so he took us to a club called Cookie, which Crystal described as "the pinnacle of my life's coolness". When Jeremy arrived, we dragged him back to the crazy photo booth place (he would much rather have been eating and drinking) and took some more pictures of superawesomecoolbesteverness.
Then we went out. We went out. Adrian's dream of taking us to 10 places in Melbourne finally came true. (Actually, we only made it to 9).
No comments:
Post a Comment