Saturday, July 31, 2010

Au Revoir

Well and truly back to the grind now. Crystal spent a few more hours in Brisbane this Thursday. Unfortunately Jeremy and I were both at uni for a number of them, but we met up again and were treated to a delicious steak dinner at The Norman Hotel. Crystal is the first Canadian who has visited who hasn't been to The Broadway Hotel ($10 steak place) but there is good reason for that - it burnt down during her first few days!! Sean joined us and it was a very pleasant couple of hours until the cab came. Crystal got her hug from me (more than one), a piggyback from Jeremy, and one last chorus of "SKY RABBITS IN FLIGHT!" before she left.

Last night I caught up with my SpeechNet friends, Amy and Marion. Marion has just gotten engaged and I think that I will get to go to an Australian wedding this February! YAY! I love weddings. I was actually invited to one in April, but it was an open invitation to our whole class and I didn't know the guy very well so I opted not to go, but Marion's will be really exciting. It's going to be on Bribie Island and she will be ridiculously gorgeous and I like her boyfriend too so...yes. Fun. We had a home-cooked dinner prepared by Marion which was delicious. Some people are just good at everything they do!

Tonight some people are coming over for s'mores! Australians don't have s'mores and I was talking about them with some people from class a few weeks ago. We decided that the first weekend after classes started we would get together and enjoy this gooey concoction. Graham crackers actually don't exist here - luckily, Hayley came to the rescue and brought some from Canada so we can have true, authentic s'mores. Oddly enough, at the moment we even have a fire pit in the backyard which was used last weekend at Jen and Jeremy's birthday party. It was meant to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment