Saturday, November 19, 2011

C'est fini


I *think* I did it. I felt horrible after our big paediatric exam, but after the adult one I feel like there's no way I could have failed. Wait - is it bad luck to say that? So basically I am a speech pathologist...at least I will know for sure on Dec 1st when grades are released. Scary/exciting!

We had our Punjabi Palace dinner (1st picture, above). There was a tiny amount of wine involved. We lingered there for quite some time (we had to finish the wine!!) and then went into the city and met up with Jeremy and some other med students. The second picture is us in transit from the fancy "Bavarian Beer Cafe" to The Pig and Whistle, where we met up with more speechies and did some dancing and singing. The picture WAS supposed to be girls/speechies only, but Jeremy and alastair had other ideas and I think it made the picture better :) Hehe.

J had two exams yesterday and was really happy about how they went. One was a diagnostic case with a standardized patient, so he had to interview and get a case history with all the symptoms and then make a diagnosis. The second one was a management case, so he knew what was wrong with the patient (migraine with aura) and had to tell her what to do about it. He was very confident about his answers and thrilled to have some straightforward cases where he could showcase his clinical skills and knowledge. The standardized patients both said he had a very warm and inviting manner that made people want to open up and one of them said that he was the only one to ask at the end if she had any additional questions/concerns, which gave he the chance to bring up an additional piece of information. Way to go, J! So once his marks are out, he'll be a 4TH YEAR MED STUDENT!

So basically this means my blog will shift from me whining about exams and assignments (unless I failed yesterday's exam, in which case there would be HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE whining/complaining/freaking out) to me whining about not getting a job because of my visa. Hahaha. But that will be sorted out soon enough!! Then I can blog about being an allied health professional...and also about new random Aussie tidbits that I pick up on the way!

4 comments:

  1. Leana! Awesome job on finishing your masters! Sad that I couldn't join you at punjabi palace! I remember going there with you to celebrate finishing anatomy, the 1st class of your masters! And now here you are celebrating finishing it! I am sooo proud of you for following through with your dreams! I'm sure you'll be a great speechie! Miss you heaps! Love Ronan��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't have done it without your awesome support - remember our Anatomy quizzing walk? Love & miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lana, we're sooooooooooo proud of you!!! ||||||||||||Of course you did it!!!!!!!1 We'll be there to celebrate and hug you!!!! Love Ma and Pa We miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you and Jeremy too! Can't believe how fast time goes.

    ReplyDelete