Thursday, November 10, 2011
ONE MORE.
Can this point finally be here? I have one more exam to write (and pass) and then I can say I am a speech pathologist! It's not the career I thought I'd be doing when I was a kid, or even when I started university...funny how things change. I have wanted to do this since 2006, right after I graduated from my undergrad degree and randomly read the job description on the Ottawa Hospital website. Literally from that second, I knew that this was my dream job. Little did I know how difficult it would be to achieve (practically impossible if I had stayed in Canada - would have involved completing an ENTIRE additional undergrad degree in Psych and Linguistics, maintaining a pretty much perfect average, getting amazing letters of recommendation and then still probably only having a 20% chance of getting in because of the very tiny amount of spots available in the program). 5 years later and here I am. I really never could have dreamed it would actually happen. Okay, so getting ahead of myself since I do have another giant, scary exam to write. This is the most important exam EVER, since I need to pass it to graduate with my class. Eeeeeeeeeeeep. Luckily it is a whole week away...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck! I'm sure you will do great!!
ReplyDeleteAnna
You will ace it!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Ma