Oh my God. I had to take a break from studying on the hammock because it's so hot that sweat is pouring off me. All I am doing is lying in a damn hammock! So far it's been the driest November in Brisbane for 50+ years but I keep hearing these horrendous rumours that the summer is supposed to be wetter than usual. UNACCEPTABLE - I don't want rain! Rain makes everything less fun, especially the beach and all other outdoor activities. Urgh. Anyhow, at the moment, nice and dry except for the sweat! Forecast all week has been 30+ and yesterday it was 35!! Remember - it's not even summer yet. Just late spring. Poor Tuna, our cat, can barely move...he's currently sprawled out on the coffee table in front of me when normally he is outside exploring at this time of day.
2 days till the big final final final exam. TWO DAYS. Honestly I could spout off a bunch of treatment approaches for dysarthria, apraxia, aphasia, right hemisphere disorder, traumatic brain injury...but watch, it will be something I don't know. Jeremy had one of his exams today and just made it - something was going on with the buses and he was pretty concerned, but he got there! He has two more on Friday, but finishes earlier than me.
At 4 pm I get to go to UQ to give a tour/orientation to the new Canadian allied health students coming in through OzTrekk. Hah - they have two years of crazy work ahead of them and I AM DONE!!! (almost) Free Thai dinner afterward is the motivation for this altruistic service, especially with limited hours of study time left. Oh well, you can't study every hour of the day and you do need to eat!
Well, better get back to it but I think I will avoid the hammock which is directly in the glaring sun. In an hour I'll probably head over to a friend's house to avail myself of her pool while I study. Pool study is my new favourite thing.
Oh, and not that anyone cares but I needed a new purse and we went to Lifeline (thrift store) yesterday to buy some storage containers and I found one for $6 that I really liked. I bought it and then looked it up online - it's genuine leather, looks brand new and retails for $90+. How friggin awesome is that?!
No comments:
Post a Comment