Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Quick post before work

Well, I sent Jeremy off to Canada a week ago and I manage to have kept myself alive so far!  Yay me!!

I have two new housemates (a couple from Alberta/Nova Scotia).  We are getting along really well.  I'm enjoying having them here - they are easy to talk to and it's nice to have the company!!  On Sunday we all went out together to "Regional Flavours", an annual event at South Bank which showcases foods and wines from different areas of Queensland.  It's totally free and you just wander around the stalls sampling lots of yummy things.  I have gone every year but had totally forgotten about it this year until Kayleigh mentioned that her and Jason were going to check it out.  I bought a big jar full of garlic (to keep away those pesky vampires), a brownie, and a bottle of wine which is sitting on the rack waiting for a convenient time to be consumed!

I **think** I'm keeping up with SLI stuff at work.  I hope I am!  My supervisor has been very complimentary lately - she called me specifically to tell me she was impressed with a report I had sent her.  This lady is very pedantic and nit-picky and usually only critiques things (but is a good boss and I like her as a person) so it was SHOCKING to get that phone call.  All i had to do was spend extra time analyzing the results and hypothesizing about what could have caused them..which is probably good for my professional development anyway!

Alright, it's about the time where I head off, so hope everyone is enjoying the Canadian summer and I'll be back on here soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment