Friday, July 6, 2012

"You have such a rigid idea about right and wrong.  One act does not define a person."

"I know that."

"Do you?  You're only upset because none of us is who you thought we were.  If you didn't try to fit people into little packages, you'd be much happier."

"That's not fair, I was only..."

"So and so is smart, and so and so is stupid, this one is strong, that one is weak - people aren't like that."

- John Miller, 'A Sharp Intake of Breath'

My awesome brother Ronan sent me a book in the mail a little while ago and for some reason this quote just jumped out at me.  (Worth a read, Canadian author).  It's so easy to pigeonhole people and be rigid in your views.  I'm trying to be a better person, more accepting, less judgmental, not only of other people but of myself as well.  We'll see how that goes :p

I made a trip out to the Sunshine Coast today and visited with Jen & Ben (bahaha...yes, seriously) and their little 5 week old baby, Addison.  Truthfully...5 week old babies are not that exciting, but she was cute and little and only cried a bunch near the end of the visit.  Hahaha.  They seem to be coping quite well with the new parent situation, and somehow Jen managed to LOSE 18 kgs during her pregnancy.  WTF?  Anyway, good for them. 

Tonight, Lisa will arrive for another visit, because we're going to Nicole's WEDDING tomorrow!  I'm so looking forward to the wedding, and am very happy for Nicole :)  I went and helped her tie ribbons of the ceremony programs a couple of nights ago.  Regular humanitarian, I am!  I think it will be a lovely wedding and due to a booking mishap (fault of the company) she is now having her dinner and reception at one of the poshest hotels in Brisbane!  Lah di dah!  My biggest problem at the moment is deciding which one of two dresses I will wear...ah, life is difficult!

1 comment:

  1. As I was reading that I knew I had read it before. Glad you enjoyed the book! Hope you had a great time at the wedding! We need to Skype soon!

    ReplyDelete