Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Term 3 - a speechie's nightmare!

So Term 3 of the school year is a very special term - Speech Language Impairment (SLI) term!  It means endless hours of paperwork and chasing up teachers and heads of special education so they will fill in THEIR paperwork.  It means getting parents to take their kids in for hearing tests.  It means deadlines and rushing and quality assurance and finger crossing that your SLIs will get through, lest the school label you a bad speechie!  Urgh.

All of a sudden I feel very stressed for some reason.  Dammit!

My week and a bit of vacation was great - very relaxing.  Over too soon.  Sleeping in is fabulous. 

This weekend is the last weekend before Jeremy heads off to Canada for two months for his elective rotation.  Just me and the cats left here.  Hopefully I can get a housemate in for company (and $$$!)  It actually sounds like it will be a pretty busy weekend.  I'll be going to an AFL game with Hannah, Alastair, Alastair's mum, and Bruce on Saturday night.  I've been dying to go to one, but Jeremy hates it and I didn't know I knew people who were excited about it!  Apparently Alastair bought his mum season tickets and now she comes to Brisbane for every game.  Hehe.  Sunday - Jen, Jess and I are taking Louise for high tea for a "fake" baby shower.  She didn't want a big fuss and a lot of her friends are in Canberra so we thought we'd just throw her a little event.  High tea is always yummy and it should be lots of fun!  Sadly, none of these plans seem to include Jeremy...which wasn't on purpose!  We'll have to spend extra time together on Monday and Tuesday to make up for it.  And lucky me, I offered to drive him to the airport at ridiculous o'clock on Wednesday morning for his flight out!  Oh well, it'll get me into work bright and early!

J's stress levels are slowly decreasing as he ticks boxes for his paeds rotation.  Apparently he got a 6 (good mark!) on the presentation he did today, so that made him happy.  By Friday, it'll be all done and he can look forward to some new experiences with the Canadian health system!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see my big brother in law and have some beers on the patio!!!

    ReplyDelete