Well, I've now seen with my own eyes (on Skype) that Jeremy is safe and sound in Ottawa. He Skyped me at 5:30 pm my time (3:30 am Ottawa time...naughty boy). He has already managed to have a BBQ with D'Arcy and his parents and have a boys night at Whispers/Trio. I wish I had that kind of energy after a long flight! Soon, he'll have to get down to work though so he should play while he has the chance.
My friends are already looking after me here. Honestly, I don't think I seem TOO pathetic. Last night I had our long standing Wednesday night trivia with Sean, Louise and Sean's cousin Liam. We tried out the new trivia at the Brewhouse and although we didn't win, it was different and interesting! My wonderful friend Jules has invited me to dinner with her, Bruce and Billy and her brother and his family Friday night. I honestly love Jules and Billy to pieces (and Bruce is pretty cool too) so I am happy to accept any invitation from her :) Jess texted me to see if I want to go to a Tex Mex night at her friend's house on Saturday night. I've met her friend but don't know her very well...but hey, Tex Mex night sounds pretty awesome. Sunday I plan on relaxing but in the evening I hope to catchup with Louise (and maybe Sean) and see a movie (although the movie might not be to Sean's liking!!) Today I was at work early and left late. I worked for 9 hours straight and ate my lunch at the computer. I got a lot done, but all of that was only for ONE kid, which makes me pretty nervous for my other SLI verifications!! I had already written a large part of this student's report and still ended up spending at least 7 hours on him today....eeeeeeek! Talk about time consuming.
Oh yeah, and it looks like I will have a roomie or two for the next little while. An Albertan couple who are here for a year on their working holiday visa. They've decided to base themselves in Brisbane, although he works in some sort of mining related industry and will be away a lot of the time. They seemed really friendly and it will be nice to have some company.
I think Salmon is missing Jeremy already. He's been misbehaving a little bit - had a big fight with Mac this morning and there were tufts of orange fur on the ground :) Hopefully he adapts and starts loving me super a lot!
I love that you can call him Mac, that's so cute. Glad you will be having some Albertans livig with you, maybe they will be able to convince you to visit/live here, WITH ME!
ReplyDeleteI'll be working the next 3 nights, so I'll watch for you online.
Miss you tons! Glad Jeremy is safe in Canada.
Hi Love!
ReplyDeleteI've caught up on your blog!!!\
Heard from Jeremy via email!\
Had a wonderful time in Southampton!!\
Glad to get home safe! Hit bad weather in Brockville!\
I was towing the seadoo!\
Nicole looked fantastis!!!
Wish we were there with all of you!
Our floor looks absolutely fantastic!!!! in the kitchen, hallway, washroom!\Thanks to Uncle Dan!!!!\
Looking forward to spending time with "Jeremy!!!!!
Max says HI and hello to Salmon and Mackerel!\
Love you lots ALwAYS MUM!!!!! What is the name of the book Ronan sent to you????