I think I may have somehow missed this important fact - my husband is now (almost, officially, in less than a week) a doctor! I mean, he's passed everything and stuff...but he hasn't had the official all important conferring of the degree. Next Saturday is the big day!
Kathy and Ross returned from Stradbroke Island this afternoon. Wendy and Jim brought back our car and then stayed for dinner (delicious delicious leg of lamb). I am thoroughly jealous that they got to spend the entire week in paradise, but also very happy for them. I quite like my in-laws...and I'm not just sucking up because they read this! They have been in the country for about a month now and they are finally settling in Brisbane for a week after all their travels. Tomorrow we have an exciting day planned - Advent Skype with D'Arcy, Hayley & co in the morning, walk over to the University of Queensland campus afterwards, and then we are dividing into boy and girls groups...Kathy will be coming with me to my annual Christmas card making tradition with my beautiful girlfriends - Jen, Jess and Louise (and baby Tomas!!!) and Jeremy is taking Ross out for a drink at the Yardbird (an apparently really awesome pub, which I've never even been to).
We have HEAPS of plans for the week ahead - Monday is dinner at Wendy and Jim's daughter's house, Tuesday...nothing as of yet, Wednesday we are introducing them to our weekly trivia, Thursday we see our friend Alastair's band Inland Sea, and Friday is a pre-grad dinner with the Dwyers (Sean, Louise, Tomas, and Sean's parents) and the Nichols. Saturday, of course, is J's graduation and then we have plans for a post-grad celebration at the Bunker household with Jess and her awesome family. Sunday, we see Ross and Kathy off...which is unbelievable, considering it feels like they've just arrived! I'm sure they will also fill their days with lots of fun stuff, including the Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA), South Bank, City Cat rides...etc. i will be.....................working. Dammit.
I do hope everyone is having a lovely December so far. We looked up Ottawa temperatures and apparently the low tomorrow is -6. Ross says I'm not allowed to complain about the heat here because that is what they'll be returning to in 10 days!
yay Dokta!!! xo
ReplyDelete