Here I am again! Forgive me, I've been a bit busy with several things lately. I was fortunate enough to spend Sunday & Monday on Stradbroke Island - what an AMAZING place! I've been dying to go back there since 2009 when J and I went camping with Tracee and Sean. Finally, I had the chance and jumped at it. I spent as much time as I could in the ocean - the water was crystal clear and the perfect temperature. The sun was shining and it was HOT outside. It was like a tropical paradise. I highly, HIGHLY recommend this beautiful place to anyone visiting Queensland. We stayed in a beach house with the in-laws (Ross and Kathy) and their friends Wendy and Jim. Monday night, Wendy and Jim's daughter Chantal was also there with her 9 year old daughter, Eloise. Eloise was a very lucky girl - she got to miss a couple of days of school and they were good days to miss, considering the temperature was 39 degrees celsius...even getting to over 40 in Ipswich...and most schools are NOT air conditioned. Anyhow, what else can I say besides it was fantastic and I really wish I had taken more advantage of it over the past four years.
School/work is really wrapping up - there's the rest of this week and then next week is the last week of school. After that, only one more work week until I am...well...unemployed. I'm trying not to worry and I should have some good references so here's to something great in the New Year!
This Friday is Jeremy's graduation ball. We opted out, as it is a bazillion jillion kabillion dollars. Instead, we're going to treat ourselves to a nice dinner at a restaurant with Sean, Louise and their lovely baby Tomas. We just need to find a restaurant before Friday...
No comments:
Post a Comment