Sunday, December 16, 2012

Productive

I feel that it has been a most productive day so far!  I got up at 5 am to drive Kath and Ross to the airport.  We said a quick goodbye and then I came home and slept for a few more hours.  I woke up and tried to call my parents, but they weren't around.  I found Ronan, though, and had a good chat with him.  I ordered some boxes to pack up for our upcoming move - hopefully they will be delivered tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest!  I applied for two jobs - one with aged care and another in paediatrics.  Both are community health, which I think would be a cool field to work in.  I don't have super high hopes about being contacted, but fingers are crossed anyway!  We went out to lunch at a delicious Mexican place with a big group of great people (awesome bargain too, since we had vouchers!!!) and then I had an afternoon hangout with my friend Kayleigh.  All in all - just a good day!

Last Thursday we took Ross and Kathy out for a craaaaaaaaaaaazy night out in Fortitude Valley.  Well, okay, not quite.  We DID go see our friend Alastair's band Inland Sea play what may be their very last show.  It's a shame, since they are quite the talented group of people.

This is a picture taken at the show.  It's a bit small, but there are 10 people in the band which includes a cellist, violinist, ukelele, etc.  Alastair in on the far right - the tall guy with the ukelele.  I think Kath and Ross really enjoyed it and it was really a wonderful evening. 

Friday night we had a dinner out with Sean and his family to celebrate their graduation.  It was a bit of a comedy of errors.  Maybe I'll go into it another day.  Such a shame...but the company was the most important thing!

Finally...yesterday was the official graduation.  This day has been a long time coming!  There are random pictures on quite a few cameras...here are a few of my favourites!

 I caught Jeremy coming around after he walked across the stage.
 I love this picture!  Such happy, proud, bearded doctors!  (and a cute Tomas)
 That's what all this work has been for!
 Doctor Nichol and his proud parents :)
 I obviously had to get in there at some point!
 I love these girls!!! (and Jeremy)

1st year PBL mates - who i am now lucky enough to call my good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment