Not a good thing. After 13 years of being a licensed driver, I have finally managed to get a speeding ticket. I feel rather deprived of an interesting interaction, since I didn't even get pulled over and was in fact caught by one of those horrendous speed cameras. The worst part is that I was in the midst of doing a good deed and would never have normally been in that area. GRRRRRRRRRR. It was when I was giving Jeremy a ride to his big exam at 7:30 am on a Saturday - caught me going 73 in a 60 zone. Seriously, i wasn't even in a hurry/trying to get somewhere quickly - my mind just wandered and I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have been. For that, I get a $220 fine. Anyone cringing? Ah well. I guess it's been 13 years...it's due time.
Other things. Well, We are still hosting the Nichols who are taking advantage of what Brisbane has to offer. I have been at work during the week days, so I'm not much help most of the time, but we are keeping busy in the evenings! We had a delicious Kenyan curry Monday night at Chantal & Karen's (I mostly hung out with Eloise, my new best friend), Tuesday we ventured VEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY FAR across the road to Mike and Annette's who put on their usual famed spread, and then tonight we had a large group (10 people) up at the Muddy Farmer for trivia - and emerged victorious!!!
Jeremy and I are coming very close to the end of our Brisbane adventures. On that note, I should let y'all know - as of the first week of January 2013, we will no longer be at Sydney Street, Fairfield (in fact, we had some work men in here today pretty much saying the house should be condemned...eeeep). Our new address will be:
3 James St
Woodville West, SA
5011
Doctor and Mrs Nichol will now be living in Woodville West? Sounds nice! :) Send me an email update if you ever get a chance and tell me about your new place. Although I know you will be pretty busy in the next few weeks! Miss you terribly! But excited for your new adventure!
ReplyDeleteHey! The Nichols just left, but now we need to pack up the house and then we're heading to Tasmania for 10 days...but I'm sure I'll have time to e-mail my bestie. xo
ReplyDelete