Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Back to work

I've started my shadowing this week with some paid work coming my way next week!  Woohoo :)  Not sure how much, but there will at least be one patient.  Which is better than none!  It's been interesting and a bit nerve wracking/intimidating.  Monday, I met Grace at a nursing home and we did swallowing assessments on some of the residents and oral care recommendations for one of them as well.  Today we were at the rehabilitation hospital that her office is based in, and we saw some outpatients/inpatients at the hospital and some kids who came into her office for your typical artic/phonology/language therapy.  She seems to have great instincts about dysphagia and the learning experience is very helpful.   

This coming weekend is a long weekend and we don't have much planned.  Jeremy works a 10 hr shift on Sunday, so that kind of breaks up the weekend.  This is a holiday we haven't experienced before (Adelaide Cup Day) so I guess it's about horse races or something?  I'm not really sure; I'll need to do more research.  Ooooh, and we'll also be doing something else this weekend, which we haven't needed to do for four years!  Turning back the clocks an hour, since summer has now officially ended.  I didn't realize before that we do it on the same weekend that Canadians 'spring ahead'. 

Hmmmm not a huge amount to say.  What else?  We got to see Paul Kelly and Neil Finn for free Friday evening.  Big Australian/NZ music legends!  Hehehe.  They were playing a free show for the Adelaide Festival, which opened Friday.  That was a cool experience...it was outside, right near the city, and the place was packed with people of all ages.  We found a spot on the grass to sit down and just enjoy ourselves and listen to the music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment