Monday, March 18, 2013

Fork on the Road/Fringe

Back so soon! Why yes - I just had to post about the excellent date Jeremy and I had yesterday.  For dinner, we were really looking forward to the Fork on the Road food truck festival.  I was pretty pumped about having purchased a bike earlier in the day, so I suggested that we take our bikes into the city.  It was definitely doable - we looked on google maps and it was actually about 10 kms each way.  Poor Jeremy, however, had already gone on a bike ride earlier in the day.  Anyone who has gone a couple of months without riding, and then gone on a long bike ride knows that it can be a tad painful.  This was our conversation 15 minutes into the bike ride:

Leana: This is great!  I think we're making really good time!
Jeremy: My butt hurts so much it's astonishing.

Needless to say on our ride home I definitely shared his pain and every bump and jolt caused an involuntary moan.  It was pretty agonizing.  We might have to wait a couple of days for the pain to subside before attempting another long ride.  I am sooooooo happy to have a bike again though, and Adelaide is amazingly accessible by bike.  It's so flat and grid like.  I foresee many bike rides in the coming months!

The Sneaky Pickle food truck!  These guys are doing amazingly well.  They had to shut down about three hours before closing because they were completely sold out of everything.  I love seeing a small business succeed.
As you can see by the hordes of people, food trucks have captured Adelaide's heart!
After Fork on the Road, we rode to the other end of the city where we entered the "Garden of Unearthly Delights", a really wacky, weird and wonderful part of the Adelaide Fringe Festival.  There was a huge bicycle parking lot, which came in very handy. 
A bar in a bus!  Only one of the many wonders of the Garden.  The whole place was decorated with magical colourful twinkling lights and it really did have an 'unearthly' feeling.
I spotted a face hole board and of course it was necessary to take a picture with it.  Jeremy very kindly tolerated my request.  As a result of this, we actually ended up seeing the "Vioollusion" fringe show.  We were seated on wooden benches in a shipping container in the darkness, and listened to violin music as the story of a man trapped in his violin case was presented via overhead projector and mini camera.  An interesting experience to say the least!
 After yesterday, I must admit that I am even more enamoured with Adelaide.  I love the vibe here!

No comments:

Post a Comment