Thursday, May 27, 2010

Another week almost over. Next week is the last week of first semester classes. Hip hip hooray! I'm sick of these classes and ready to move on to some new ones. Dare I even say...I might be even looking forward to stats a teeny tiny bit? Remind me to slap myself for that statement when I'm right in the middle of it and going crazy.

So I bought a laminator for $20 (amazing deal, I LOVE my laminator, I don't even care!) which is so much better than paying the uni $2 every time you want to laminate something. Then I downloaded a 30 day free trial of Boardmaker and spent the evening making some awesome he and she pronoun memory game cards. I will use these for the rest of my career (if I don't lose them) and will always remember sitting in my house at 3 Sydney St, laminating away.

It's that time of year again - State of Origin is on. We went to the Pineapple Hotel and watched it with Sean, Louise and Pat. I actually kind of watched it this time! (It's a big rugby match, 3 games, Queensland against New South Wales - people get very emotional). Queensland won the first game. What a surprise...they've won this series for the last four years. We'll see what happens next week. Hopefully I didn't just CURSE it by acting like they are clearly going to win this year again.

It's strange to be on round two of all these things: Australia Day, ANZAC Day, State of Origin, AFL season, etc. You guys get to hear me go on about the same thing, AGAIN. How exciting.

Tomorrow I'm going to the Limes Hotel for a farewell party for a girl who's moving to England. Australians seem to be quite partial to moving to England. Have I ever mentioned that in Australia, most bars are called ______ Hotel? It can be kinda confusing when, in your mind, a hotel has always been a place to sleep while traveling. Actually, Lime is both - a rooftop bar and a hotel. It also has an outdoor cinema on the rooftop bar that I have not yet had the pleasure of experiencing. I'll have to remedy that at some point.

2 comments:

  1. Oh hai! I didn't know you had this little spot of internet! In any event, laminators are GREAT! Exceptif you get a stinky one. Hopefully this is not your case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been fortunate enough to be blessed with a non-stinky laminator! And seriously for 20 DOLLARS! Especially since in Australia things are more $$$, it's kinda like paying $5 for one back home. Glad you found my little corner. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete