Friday, August 6, 2010

I wouldn't say that last semester was a cake walk, but two weeks into this semester and WOW...last one does seem pretty easy. We now have research projects on top of our school and clinic work, which I guess is par for the course in a post-grad degree, but it's completely new to me. My day today:

7:45 am - arrive at clinic. Prep. Talk to clinical educator.
8:15 - 9 am - see first new client
9 - 9:15 am -quickly write progress notes, get stuff ready for second new client
9:15 - 10 am - see second new client
10 - 11 am - Progress notes, review sessions with clinical educator
11 am-12 pm - Clinic meeting
12 pm - 1:30 pm - Research & print aphasia articles for research meeting on Mon
1:30 - 2:30 pm - Go through UQ Pal (literacy resource) Take notes for mini-presentation at next week's clinic meeting

Then: Bike home, eat lunch, and now I'm about to settle down with my lovely printed articles, a highlighter, and a pen to try to get a grasp on what the heck I'm supposed to be doing!

This looks like it will be one BORING few months in terms of social life, but on the plus side, I'll learn a lot! (and hopefully it will go by quickly) This is where I start to panic a bit and wonder if I'm really cut out for this. I mean, OF COURSE I'm going to stick with it and I really like it, but can I handle it without going crazy? Only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment