To anyone who reads this who also sends mail to Jeremy or me in Brisbane, take note. Our old place (8 Sydney St) has been completely torn down. There is no house, no mailbox, no ugly white concrete wall. Those have been replaced by a giant, noisy backhoe and an otherwise empty dirt lot, so I'm pretty sure any mail sent to that address will not reach us. We've been at our current address for over a year now, but every so often I would find some mail for us over at #8. So just a reminder:
Jeremy & Leana
3 Sydney St
Fairfield QLD 4103
I wonder what they are planning to rebuild on the site. Curious to see if the owner got permission for a low-rise apartment building. I guess it's a little bit sad too. That house wasn't *really* Jeremy and Leana's house, though Tracee and Leanne will probably remember it as such. It truly was Jack and Alma's house - people we've never met, but who lived there for almost 60 years. It went through a lot, that little house, including having a truck roll down the hill and smash right into the house through the master bedroom wall. Thankfully no one was in it at the time! Beside it, there was Agnes, who lived in her house for over 60 years but shortly after we moved in had to move into a retirement home. Little pieces of Fairfield/Sydney St history are being chipped away as the Canadians watch from across the street.
Where will all the ants live now??
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, they've marched across the road to find us and there's also a crazy amount of them in Paddington...and Indooroopilly...and well yeah. Everywhere. Not yet...but soon. I did see my first full size cockroach of the season. Bloody hell!
ReplyDeleteHey, it's me!!
ReplyDeleteHi Mum!
ReplyDeleteHi Mamma G!
ReplyDelete