Monday, October 29, 2012

The final 10 things!

It's pretty crazy that it's been 10 weeks since I decided to undertake this whole exercise of reflecting on what makes me happy.  A lot can change in 10 weeks - Jeremy came home, Jason & Kayleigh (the temporary roomies) found a new place closer to Jason's work and the busway, Jeremy was offered (and accepted) an intern spot in Adelaide, I gave notice to my job that I won't be continuing with Ed Queensland after my current contract finishes...and those are just the major things!  Anyhow, I'm a bit cranky at the moment so hopefully taking time to think about 10 last happiness inducing things will cheer me up a bit.
Compliments.  It's always nice to get a compliment and it could be regarding just about anything.

 Ear plugs.  These can save a marriage, and make for a much happier morning!
 When people follow their dreams and don't make excuses.  Whether it's traveling, school-related, starting a family, starting your own business, etc etc etc....I like to see people make a go of things.
 Gumtree, kijiji, craig's list, etc.  One person's trash is another person's treasure!
 Haloumi.  Basically the best thing ever.
 Hot springs.  I will plan a trip around locating these things!
 Finding the perfect gift for someone.  It's really difficult, but I love when you know that what you've chosen will make the person really happy/excited!
 Rayman Raving Rabbids!!!!!  My friend Lisa and I have spent many an evening shrieking and laughing hysterically to this Wii game.
 Roald Dahl - ever since I was introduced to his books in primary school, I have loved him!  He is just friggin' fantastic.  New bucket list item - see Matilda the musical...perhaps in London?
 Spooky wagon rides!  I am soooooooo jealous that I'm missing out on this at home right now.  I remember going as a kid, and then continuing to go as an adult...and it's just really fun and cool!
BONUS 101 - Having the sort of fabulous best friend who will fly from one part of Canada to another to see you when you're visiting from overseas.  <3 br="br" t-bag="t-bag" you="you">

1 comment: