Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The next step

I hadn't posted about the internship crisis and the possibility of Jeremy not having a job for next year because I was trying to be positive and was also trying not to think about it.  The situation was pretty iffy and stressful - too many graduating med students, not enough internship positions and the international students are the ones getting shafted.  It's ridiculous and makes me angry at the universities for accepting students and letting them pay for four years of schooling only to be put through all this anxiety over whether they will even be employed next year.  BUT........................................................

YESTERDAY, JEREMY GOT AN OFFER FROM THE QUEEN ELIZABETH HOSPITAL IN ADELAIDE!!  AND WE'RE MOVING THERE IN JANUARY!

So so so so so so exciting!  Strangely enough, I was in Adelaide on the weekend with three friends.  We had started talking about this trip over a year ago and booked our flights way back in April and it felt like so far away.......and now, it's been and gone.  We all were charmed by the city, and it's just so fantastic that we're moving there! Adelaide was our top choice in Australia (Jeremy went last year with Sean and loved it) and...really, it's just such happy news.  Looks like I'll need to hop on the job websites...even more amazing would be if I could find a job in a rehabilitation hospital.  And now...for pictures of the city we'll be moving to in a few short months!

 All this delicious food is from the Central Market - a magical place filled with endless scrumptiousness! 
 Lisa, Jess and Jen while we were out on a walk...a bit chilly in Adelaide!
 Just your every day casual picture of two girls hanging out in a bar.
 This place was really cool.  It was a circus themed cocktail bar which was decorated beautifully. 

 Classiest people on the wine tour.  This is at our last stop, a winery called Chateau Tanunda. 
 We just happened to be there on the last day of OzAsia, a festival celebrating (what do you know!) Asia.  We got to see a lantern parade and fireworks...and then kept up the Asian theme by walking to Chinatown for dinner and having the BEST dumplings.
Ended our holiday with a trip to the zoo, and since I'm a sucker for anything you can scrunch yourself into, I clearly had to get this picture!

5 more days of school holidays left (that includes the weekend...I'm being optimistic) and then back to the grind.  But I can go with a light heart and a spring in my step knowing that we're headed for new adventures!! 

I can't finish any October 3rd post without a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my gorgeous friend Tracee.  I hope you are spoiled and you have a thoroughly enjoyable day.  Lots of love and hugs!!  xxoo

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Thank you! Happy (slightly less where you are) early birthday to you!! I miss you so much!

    I'm excited for your new adventures! I hope we can skype or email soon. I feel out of the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it has been quite awhile since we've had a proper catch up! We need to talk soon so you can tell me all about life as Professor Tracee, how your birthday went, etc etc etc! xx

    ReplyDelete