It feels good to be completely content with life (urgh, okay, minus giving the banks back all that student loan money!)
This weekend is a perfect example. Last night was the Griffith Rehabilitation Hospital Christmas party, and I had a fabulous time! You know things are going to be amusing when just as you're arriving you get a text from your boss which reads "Where are you?? I'm on my 4th drink!!" It was fun and spirited and nice to socialize outside of the work setting. The theme was "Christmas through the Ages" so Jeremy and I went for a 50s vibe and then accessorized with various Christmas items - a flashing LED red sparkly fedora for Jeremy, reindeer glasses complete with light up nose, flashing Christmas light earrings for me and a sparkly bow in my hair. Others pretty much ignored the "through the ages" aspect and just went full on Christmas - there were wise men, elves, santas, wreaths...and two of the nurses went as full on punks, including mohawks/crazy spiked colourful hair, denim jackets (with "God Save the Griff" on the back), ripped tights, safety pins, and hilarious attitudes and behaviour to go along with it. Jeremy had never met any of my co-workers (except Grace) but was wonderful and sociable. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and lots of them said really nice things to me and I kind of feel like part of the gang now!
This afternoon we're having a picnic on the beach and tonight one of Jeremy's co-workers is having a loungewear themed party...I'm not really sure why, but anyway, I appreciate quirky ideas. Last weekend our friend Jane had a friend visit from Brisbane. Poor Jeremy was stuck working a 14 hour shift on Saturday, but Jane invited me over to play dance games on the Wii and I liked her friend Candy instantly. The world is just full of interesting people and it makes me happy to meet some of the good ones!
Christmas plans are currently being sorted out, and at this point it looks like there will be TWO Christmas dinners - one with our friend MJ and her family, and the other with Andy, a Canadian intern who is VERY EXCITED to be making a full on Christmas dinner with turkey and all the fixins! Lisa will be spending Christmas and New Year's in Adelaide, and she and I will be taking off to Coober Pedy for a few days...we've even booked the underground hotel already! It's a long drive, but I felt that Jeremy and I didn't spend enough time there and Lisa finds the concept of an underground opal mining town fascinating, so why not??
Hmmmmmmmmmm...what else. Jeremy is a few weeks into his last rotation as an intern! It's orthopedic surgery and the hours are pretty long, but he's soldiering on through! He received his rotations for next year and is not thrilled with a few things. Looks like we'll be apart for 6 months, which is rather disappointing...also, he doesn't have an obs/gyne rotation which is a requirement for his GP program. We'll see what happens, I think he might have to figure a few things out.
So this has been a bit long and rambly without even any pictures! I better run, beach picnic awaits!
No comments:
Post a Comment