Tuesday, November 26, 2013

BEST

This year has been such an amazing time for learning, for having no idea what the hell I'm doing, for researching, for reading, for absorbing, for asking questions, for seeking answers...

This is what I was missing in my Education Queensland job.

The constant changes in the hospital setting, the new in patients being referred every day, the fascinating out patients, the challenges of working in the aged care residences.  Even the kids are different than the ones from last year - last year I worked with students referred through the school, this year I work with kids whose parents are so motivated to help them with their speech/language that they are willing to pay money!

I only started this job in April, and it's like my mind has been opened up to so many new things.  I've seen people with all sorts of illnesses/conditions...the ones you would expect, such as strokes, traumatic brain injury, tumours...degenerative disesases like Parkinson's, progressive supra nuclear palsy, multiple sclerosis...issues caused by radiation therapy...bell's palsy...trigeminal neuralgia...and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

I've been privileged to meet people fighting to regain their strength, mobility, swallowing capacity, speech, language...

I have the best job in the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment