Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Awwww...

http://dysphagiacafe.com/2013/11/25/slp-inspiration-oh-to-be-able-to-talk-and-eat/

I'm posting this link because I just read it and it made my heart happy!  It also goes along with my last post about my love for my job.

Speaking of posting, look at me - I'm amazing!  Hahaha.  I don't expect it to last too much longer, but I seem to be in a bit of a posting groove :)

The last two days have been HOT HOT HOT!  35 degrees yesterday and 37 degrees today - I almost wouldn't have even noticed except that I drove to work in my car yesterday which seems to have lost the air conditioning function.  Ugh.  Today I chose the other car for my drive in and it was much more pleasant!  Of course, once I get to work it's nice and cool (unlike Ed Qld, where you'd be sweating in your non-climate controlled office on 39 degree days, trying not to pass out).  The house right now is a little warm, but not uncomfortable.

This time last year we had the out-laws visiting!  I can't believe a year has already gone by.  The beginning was a little slow for me, but since getting this job time has been flying!  Through the year we've always had something coming up to look forward to as well - many visits, wine tours, visiting friends in Brisbane, my big birthday bash on the sunny coast, Nicky and Rob's wedding, and smaller things like little get togethers with friends, 'family' dinners, etc etc etc.  I've gone off on a tangent though!  Kath and Ross had a wonderful visit (I think/hope??) and I was just thinking about how I managed to finagle 1.5 days off work to accompany them  to Stradbroke with Jeremy, Wendy, Jim, Chantal and Eloise.

Despite my many proclamations of love for Adelaide/South Australia, I still think I'd have to say that Stradbroke Island is my favourite PLACE in Australia.  I mean, just look at these pictures:



What more could a water baby/ocean lover want??  One place we haven't managed to see yet is Kangaroo Island, and that's definitely on the list.  It will be interesting to see how it compares to the beautiful Straddie!  Apparently when Jeremy is doing his GP training, he has the option of preferencing Kangaroo Island, which would be pretty cool.  Wikipedia tells me it has several things to keep a tourist busy, including:

  • Seal Bay with ranger guided walks among basking Australian sea lions.
  • Flinders Chase National Park which includes Remarkable Rocks, Admiral's Arch, lighthouses at Cape Borda and Cape du Couedic, and multiple walking trails and camping areas.
  • Cape Willoughby
  • Kelly Hill Caves
  • Little Sahara, huge sand dunes on the south coast.
  • the lookout Mount Thisby (officially designated Prospect Hill in 2002 to honour Matthew Flinders' original naming) with a 360 degree view around the island.
  • Murray Lagoon with its abundant aquatic bird life.
  • Parndana Wildlife Park
  • Kangaroo Island Penguin Centre (formerly Kangaroo Island Marine Centre) at Kingscote.
  • Raptor Domain (In-flight bird of prey presentation and reptile show)
  • The Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary koala walk and Nocturnal tour offer visitors a chance to see the local wildlife.
I just love that there are so many more places left to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment