Well, this is a tough gig to keep up, since I don't really have much to say. You might have noticed, I'm not *that* interesting :P Hehehe. But how about this:
Dear Leana,
We would like to congratulate you on being the successful candidate for the role of Casual Speech Pathologist, Vacancy number 521164 within SA Health.
So I had an interview last Thursday with the Aged Care, Rehabilitation and Palliative unit within the Northern Health Network. They called Grace within 20 minutes of my interview wrapping up, so I took that as a good sign, and she told me everything she said to them, so I figured it had probably gone pretty well. The only reason I applied for this position is because it's casual, so I have the possibility of working it around my current job WHICH IS AMAZING AND I HAVE NO INTENTION OF LEAVING, EVER! Just kidding...well...ack, not really. Anyhow, it's nice to know that in the span of 8 months I have become a competitive candidate for hospital type jobs! After my rejections at the beginning of the year, it's a bit of an ego boost. So, we'll see what happens - everything is going super duper wonderfully fantastic with Grace right now, but if I can pick up an extra shift here or there with this casual thing, that won't hurt.
Since I seem to be on a bit a of a "yay, look at me" tangent, I will share that I received two really lovely compliments today. D is one of my clients who I have a home visit with every week. We always have a great time and I look forward to our sessions. His mum is there every session, and today she said "You really love your job, you have fun doing it, and it's contagious" and D said "Leana, it's an honour to have you as my speech therapist".
On that note - well, I can't believe it's Friday tomorrow already! Hope everyone enjoys their weekend and that we might fit some Skype sessions in :)
This sounds like a very exciting job opportunity for you. You deserve it wonderful lady.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kayleigh! Although with how busy I've been with just one job the last couple of weeks, it might be a mistake! Hehehe.
ReplyDelete