I totally suck at updating this thing lately. No excuses, really...must try to be better at it.
Hm, well exciting news for me is that Jeremy and I are planning to visit Canada in May for D'Arcy's wedding! By that time it will have been almost 3 years since I've been home, which has gone by very quickly but is a fairly significant amount of time. I'm really hoping to stay in the Ottawa area and just have people come to ME...we'll see what happens.
Halloween was more exciting than I imagined it would be. I received a surprise Halloween package in the mail from the lovely Erin, which totally made my day/week! We put up the decorations in the house, and I wore a Halloween bandanna to work. I hunted for Halloween cookie cutters but was unsuccessful and had to settle for making witches fingers, as pictured below. I made several dozen and distributed them amongst the nurses, OTs, physios, admin staff, and kitchen staff. Some people couldn't bring themselves to try them because they looked too gory, but I had one or two and thought they were pretty tasty.
I was a little sad because the RMO society a Jeremy's work was throwing a Halloween party but I had already committed to volunteering on the same evening. Volunteering involved driving some of Leveda's clients (an organization who supports people with disabilities) to their monthly disco/dance. As it was Halloween themed, I decided to put together a costume and enjoy myself even though I wished fiercely that I could be going to the hospital party. Lo and behold, the volunteer coordinator got in touch with me the afternoon of the dance and said that the people I was going to be taking were actually attending a birthday party instead!!!! I was extremely happy. Later that night, I walked over to the hospital in my sushi costume (no picture because neither Jeremy nor I thought to take one, and though there were many taken on the night by various people I have yet to see one). The RMO lounge at the hospital had been spookily decorated and there were lots of people in the Halloween spirit, which made me happy. AND - believe it or not, I WON the first prize for best costume!! I enjoyed the appreciation, as I made the costume myself, which included a few hours of cutting, stuffing and hand-stitching a fish...so yay for me, $50 gift card for a fancy French restaurant in the city :)
Lots more to post about - I'll try to be better!!

No comments:
Post a Comment