I love air conditioning. I would spend my life with air conditioning if I could. Instead I am sitting here, dripping oh-so-attractively, contemplating taking all the food out of the fridge and hanging out in there for awhile. It is HOT! I shouldn't complain though. The news of the forest fires in Southern Australia and the death toll is pretty terrifying. Let's hope it's under control.
In non-heat related news, we bought a washing machine this weekend. How domestic is that?? Weird. We were going to just do the whole laundromat thing, but then Jeremy pointed out that $6 a week over a year ends up costing quite a bit...not to mention, time is valuable...and okay, the fact that the nearest laundromat is a hike up a big steep hill away may have swayed the vote. Since they don't traditionally come with rental housing here, it's pretty easy to find bargains and so we did!
Yesterday we did something a little different. Sarah invited us to this event at the Morooka Bowls Club, as her friend was deejaying and she wanted to support him. We played Barefoot Bowls! I suppose it's like lawn bowling, although I can't say for sure because I haven't ever ben lawn bowling. The premise is simple: Bowls is a sport in which the goal is to roll slightly asymmetric balls, called bowls, closest to a smaller—normally white—bowl called the "jack" or "kitty". Bowls, either flat- or crown-green, is usually played outdoors, on grass and synthetic surfaces. Flat-green bowls can also be played indoors on synthetic surfaces. Both variants are collectively known as "lawn bowls".
Don't worry though!!! We haven't aged 60 years since we've gotten here. (In Canada, lawn bowling is usually something you'd spot the retired crowd doing). It's trendy here and there were a bunch of young people with pink hair and whatnot, as well as the deejay, some barefoot dancing...oh yeah, and really cheap beer. It was a neat/different thing to experience. We headed back to Sarah and Brian's afterward for lamb pizza and pesto pizza (mmmm, homemade pesto!) Board game plans are imminent - D'Arcy may or may not care to know that they play Settlers of Catan here!
Well, my new washing machine has just finished a cycle and now I must go hang the clothes outside to dry. I feel like I've gone back in time, or something!
PS - There was a lot of Skyping over the weekend - Mum, Dad, Ross (a little bit!), Kathy, and Tracee. I like that! Ronan downloaded it, so gold stars for him...and as for the rest of you, what are you waiting for??? :)
Skyping with you was really fun! I like your park! Now you have internet at home, right? So maybe there will be less disconnecting and dead battery issues lol.
ReplyDeleteYep, we should be able to Skype away, and I can actually show you the house this time! It was fun...now if only we could find away to share drinks through Skype, it would be perfect! ;)
ReplyDelete