This picture illustrates a now long-standing Christmas tradition that I have with my awesome friends Jen and Jess. I think the first one was possibly four years ago (?) when Jen invited us over to make Christmas cards, eat baked goodies, and drink iced tea. Every year after that, we've managed to get together to continue this tradition - even this year! (We had to do it early though, in October) The first year, my cards were pretty disastrous, but I think I've gotten the knack of it now. Jen's mum usually comes in and says "Clever girls!" Last year, we had a couple of additional faces at our little card making party: Kath (my mother-in-law), Louise, and baby Tomas! That was a lot of fun, even if I did manage to somehow explode glitter glue all over myself/my surroundings. This year, as you can see from the cards pictured above, I stayed away from the cursed glitter glue! It was back down to the three of this this year, as Kath is not in the country and Louise and Tomas have relocated to the Sunshine Coast. It will be interesting to see how long we can keep this up!
I just had to include this picture which is unrelated to card making, but makes me think that I should maybe move back to Canada as soon as I possibly can??? Hahahaha. This is last Christmas, and my parents apparently set a place at the table for Max aka replacement child. I'm so happy that Max found an extremely loving home (from people who had never owned animals before!! Their eyes have been opened!) I wonder what was actually going on in this picture. It seems like some sort of dialogue is perhaps occurring, and my dad does not look too happy. Was Max misbehaving? Hmmmm...
Alright, well it wouldn't be a typical post if I didn't include some jobs news. Just a quick one - yesterday I had my first session with a two year old boy, and today I had a 30 minute conversation with a 103 year old lady. 103!!!!! I have never met a 103 year old before...so yeah, having a conversation with someone of that age is something you don't do every day!

No comments:
Post a Comment