Friday, October 8, 2010

Action de Grace

Ah, feels like home. It's been raining non stop all day today and it reminds me of when I visited Ottawa last year. Or the last couple of summers I lived in Ottawa. Sadly, we had plans for a big Canadian Thanksgiving potluck picnic at Kangaroo Point with a whole bunch of friends and it looks like the rain will continue on through the weekend. I hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving with their families/friends and delicious food! I'm thankful for all the awesome and loving people in my life AND for almost being half done this course!!

Due to stupid caffeine intake (ONE tea at around 2 pm - body just CAN'T handle the stuff) + noisy rain/thunder + power going out and worry that I'd somehow miss my Friday morning clinic, I managed to get absolutely no sleep last night. Strangely enough, this morning's clinic was probably the best one of the semester so far. It hasn't been my favourite clinic because both of my clients have literacy/spelling issues which are not very interesting to fix. One of them is doing amazingly well and is a pleasure to work with. The other one has a hilarious and cheeky personality but never does homework, which can be quite frustrating! I think we made a bit of a breakthrough today. Only three more weeks of therapy for this semester!

Tonight we might venture out in the pouring rain to see my friend Alastair's band Inland Sea - I believe I've discussed them before. They're really quite good! Here is their website, where you can listen to some of their songs if you so desire: http://www.inlandseaband.com/ Crystal had the good fortune of seeing them with us while she was visiting - wish she was here again to dance it up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment