It's my first birthday in Australia! I have had a wonderful day and it's not over yet. Jeremy is in the kitchen whipping up homemade perogies, greek salad, and haloumi (all my random requests, which I was half-joking about, but then I came home to him punching perogy dough). How many people can say they have a gourmet cook for a husband? Hehe. Last night on my "birthday eve" he made stuffed potatoes and broccoli cheddar soup.
The weather could not have been more amazing! After a couple of weeks of a fair bit of dreary rainy weather, the sun broke through and it was HOT (but not too humid). I was biking along the bridge, enjoying the breeze, not getting attacked by birds, and all was right with the world! The only time today that I was uncomfortably hot is when I got back home and was listening to music. Cotton Eye Joe came on and I decided to have a little dance, so I spent the entire song jumping around and waving my arms and singing (luckily the curtains were closed) then had to turn on the fan to cool down! Opps, spoke too soon - it's pouring now but there was a really gorgeous sunset and now it's dark and I'm in the house, so I welcome the rain!
This morning I had to go to a research meeting to discuss the research protocol due in three weeks or so. That was okay since I needed to go into campus anyway to hand in my pediatric feeding assignment and then when all that was done my awesome friend Nicole bought me birthday lunch. We went to a place on campus called Genie's, which until today I had no idea existed. It's tucked away quite well, but still was fairly crowded.
Finally I must take this post to wish my most awesome JAYPEA17 another Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! Yesterday was her 30th birthday, and the first one we haven't spend together in about 8 years! We managed to meet up online today while it was still her birthday in Canada and my birthday in Australia, and I thought that was really cute. I miss you a lot, Goop, and I hope we won't have too many birthdays apart because my favourite part of a birthday is sharing it with you! Awwwww...mush mush mush.
Awww Nudge, I love the mushy, mushy! You're the best, and I'm glad your birthday was a culinary and climatary (yeah yeah I know it's not a real word) success.
ReplyDelete