Alright, so for fun I've been looking up details about the current weather, and I know it will probably seem silly to Canadians who have to deal with blizzards, etc...but here's an article from the Brisbane Courier Mail:
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Thanksgiving in the Sun?
Sure enough, due to the massive amounts of pouring rain our big Thanksgiving event was cancelled. We were lucky enough to be invited to our Canadian friends Kristen and Mike's place to partake in a substitute dinner. Even though they only live about a 20 minute walk away, Mike graciously insisted on picking us up since the weather was so wet and rainy and dreary! We feasted on roast chicken, pork, scalloped potatoes, and veggies with M, K, and another couple...whose names I kind of forget...possibly Matt and Jessie? It's not that often that we hang out with two other married couple but this was the case! Matt and Jessie are actually American and will be leaving in a couple of months because Matt is doing something called the Ochsner program, where you do the first couple of years in med school in Australia, but do your rotations/clinical stuff in 3rd and 4th year in the US. We don't know them very well, but Mike and Kristen have become great friends with them.
Alright, so for fun I've been looking up details about the current weather, and I know it will probably seem silly to Canadians who have to deal with blizzards, etc...but here's an article from the Brisbane Courier Mail:
Alright, so for fun I've been looking up details about the current weather, and I know it will probably seem silly to Canadians who have to deal with blizzards, etc...but here's an article from the Brisbane Courier Mail:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment