Sunday, October 31, 2010
How adorable
So I've become really good friends with Hayley, a girl in my class from Vancouver. Her birthday is coming up - actually the same day as my dad's, Nov 16th. Apparently she talks about me a lot, because a little while ago her mom contacted me over Facebook to ask me what she should get Hayley for her birthday. There was a sense of urgency since she was going to visit her son in Africa in a week and wanted to get Hayley's present and send it to her so it would arrive in time for her birthday and she needed to do it before she left for Africa. What do you say when someone you've never met asks you that?? Hahahaha. The day after getting the message, Hayley and I went to the Valentino exhibit and I tried to slyly question her..."So, the shopping in Brisbane is different from Canada...what's your favourite store here?" It didn't quite work out..."Well, I like City Beach but it's too expensive, etc etc". In the end I told her mom a gift certificate to one of the big shopping centres was probably her best bet. Her mom liked my idea and sent me another message saying thanks for the input, but more importantly thank you for being such a good friend to her daughter. It was very cute and I appreciated it! Her mom actually accompanied her to Australia last November when she first got her and they stayed in a hotel together, but I didn't meet her. I was busy finishing up my time at SpeechNet and preparing to start the program, so I didn't meet Hayley until right before we started Anatomy. I really can't believe it's been a year. I have definitely met some amazing friends in my class who I will keep in touch with when we all go our separate ways, both Australian and Canadian. It both excites and saddens me to think about being done. Don't get me wrong - I WANT to finish and make money, but these people are wonderful and in just a year we've become really close.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment