Saturday, October 29, 2011

**Drumroll please**

.............................................................

I am done my frickin' Master's! (Except for 2 exams, I suppose those are rather important, eh?)

So if you've been reading this, I guess you realize that every time I finish some aspect of this course I am going to make a big deal of it...just bear with me. Hehe.

Yesterday was my last clinic ever - it was a bit of an anti-climax. I met my clinical educator at the special school and we did our morning sessions. She said she needed to leave and go get "Panadol" (Tylenol) because she had a bad headache. When she returned, she informed me that she had just vomited in the parking lot and she's pretty sure she has a migraine, so she's going home to sleep. She advised me to go to the base in Ipswich, where we'd later be having my final evaluation. I had nothing clinic related to do, so I made Ethics study notes (productive use of time, yes??) She managed to sleep it off and come in for my evaluation, where I was told that I was at entry level for every section except one (promptly started freaking out inside my mind, I mean...I need to be at entry level for everything, OMG...no!!!). They then told me that for one of the sections they put me at ABOVE entry level, because I was better than them, and if they just put me at entry, what would it say about them?? So that was it...I passed my final clinic!

We then headed out to a shopping centre to have afternoon tea. I was (hilariously) seated across from the lady who will be interviewing me next week. She pretty much told me exactly what to do for the interview, so can it get much better? (I say that now, and then won't get the job...hahahaha) I had to rush out to make it back to Brisbane to go to Speech Pathology Australia "Welcome to the Profession" drinks. Made it there, mostly just talked with my friend Marion and another private practitioner and then had to literally run out the door to meet Jeremy at a restaurant for dinner.

We had bought one of those online deals and I accidentally made it for a night when I had that other thing on. It was not able to be re-booked, so I just had to leave early...and I made it! According to our voucher, we were to get champagne and a "huge" platter of tapas. The "huge" platter consisted of Greek salad, a lot of calamari, 2 spring rolls, and some bread with dip. I would call it a medium platter at best. The champagne, however....well, let's just say that the guy serving us screwed up and accidentally gave us an $80 bottle of champagne, so I totally celebrated passing clinic in style! Jeremy and I were eating, drinking and chatting when I looked over and saw a friend who I hadn't seen in FOREVER...I was a bit hyper from all the excitement so I zoomed across the restaurant and gave her a giant hug. We ended up sitting together and staying for two hours longer than usual...was really great to catch up with her and her boyfriend, and we made more plans to hang out soon. IT WAS FATE!!!! Hehehe.

Jeremy and I returned home after a busy day and called Ross, who was a delight to talk to as usual :) Then I was up this morning at the crack of dawn (okay, not quite, but I can't seem to sleep past 7 am these days!! It's irritating! When did I become an early riser?!) and in a few hours we will be leaving for BYRON BAY!!! We're going with a group of (fun awesome did not cancel at the last minute like some others I know) people and staying at this cool hostel called the Arts Factory. Jeremy and I have a room called the "Island Retreat": Island Retreats are surrounded by a small tea tree lake and they come as either doubles or twins. If you and your partner want to get close to nature, and yet have the conveniences of modern living a short stroll away, then these Island Retreats are perfect for you. It's kind of like a fancy tent - "glamping", if you will. I'm excited! I love Byron Bay! Beautiful ocean, scenic views, laidback attitude, yummy tapas...it's just the ideal place. Tomorrow we're hoping to go snorkelling with sea turtles at one of Australia's top 10 dive sites. Life is grand!

Alright, Byron pics to follow. Hope everyone is content and feeling the love!!

2 comments:

  1. Seemed like it went so fast! Congrats Leana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Chickadee!! Now we are both Masters!
    xo,
    naomi

    ReplyDelete